Being a full time care giver can be a demanding thank less task. If you are a full time care giver and you are looking after a loved one you are probably in need of a much needed break from this role and looking to spend a few days or even hours away to rejuvenate.
At Care1, we offer in-home respite to allow our client’s loved ones to take some much needed time away for themselves.
What is in home-respite?
In-home respite is when a carer goes to the client’s home to provide support and personal care so that the usual caregiver can have a break. We know that you want to ensure that your family member is left in the best possible care, which is why at Care1, we carefully match our clients to the best suited support worker so that their individual needs are met.
The benefits of in-home respite
In-home respite offers many benefits to both clients and their families.
- Gives you time to rejuvenate
- Restores energy
- Restores patience
- Gives you the opportunity to attend to other responsibilities in your life that are not related to caregiving
- Enables you the chance to spend time with family and friends
- Reduces stress by giving you time to have a break
- Reduces the chance of burnout
Care1 respite care service is advantageous for clients. It is beneficial because:
- Clients can remain in their own home and be in a comfortable and remain in a familiar setting.
- Clients receive the care and support they need and this is delivered by a professional support worker.
When should you consider in-home respite?
If you are starting to feel increasingly stressed, physically and emotionally drained and on the verge of burnout, in-home respite is something that you should consider.
Some people experience feelings of guilt when they consider in-home respite. However, this should not be the case as time away is something that should be an integral part of caregiving. It means that you are taking the necessary time out to rejuvenate and refresh yourself so that you can be a better caregiver when you come back.
Care1 is a team of professional, yet kind and sensitive workers who provide in-home respite and support to clients throughout NSW, Victoria. We carefully match each care worker to our clients and families to ensure that our clients individual needs and personal goals are met.
If you would like to see how we can help you, then please contact us today on 1300 422 731.