Summary (including Skills and Experience)
This role has 3 key responsibilities:
- Provision of care services that enhance the independence of people in care including people with disabilities and the aged under the supervision of client organisation and Care1.
- Ensure that delivery and implementation of care services is to an exceptional quality, standard and inline with Care1 mission and values.
- Enabling people in care to live in a safe, healthy environment which promotes independence and self confidence.
The successful candidate will also have the following:
- Reliable and honest approach to work.
- Excellent phone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in similar role advantageous.
- Ability to liaise professionally with Care1 and client management and other key stakeholders.
- Flexible and well organised approach to providing care.
- Strong ability to prioritise tasks and workloads.
- Ability to acquire information about clients quickly and deliver the appropriate service.
- Driver’s license and fully insured reliable vehicle
- Maintain client records (progress and case notes) and review them accordingly in line with Care1 and client organisation policy and procedure.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide assistance to people with disabilities, the aged or people in care in all aspects of day to day living including but not limited to financial, self esteem, health, personal care, domestic support to and facilitation of community access when required.
- Implementation of Service User ISP’s, IPP’s, Care Plans in line with Disability Service Standards, Disability Services Act and HACC National Standards.
- Implementation of governmental and organisational policy and procedure.
- Provision of individual support including but not limited to personal care (toileting, showering, personal grooming), domestic support (cleaning, washing and tidying) and meal preparation.
- Ensure compliance to all ‘Duty of Care’ and ‘Work Health & Safety’ requirements and legislation.
- Work in conjunction with Care1 and client management to ensure positive outcomes for people with disabilities, the aged or people in care.
- Liaise closely with the Care1 management, coordination team and other representatives to ensure the maintenance of a team approach to client service delivery.
- Support people in care in meaningful and appropriate social and community activities.
- Promote a positive image of people in care to assist their integration into the community.
- To maintain awareness of service user and family rights and privacy through the application of the principles of confidentiality
- Implementation of behaviour management plans and liaison with internal service partners
- Maintain and expand existing Care1 client Relationships
- Meet and exceed client expectations with regularity
- Promote and enhance the image of Care1 at all times
- Ability to self-manage workload.
- Effective time management of self and others.
- Attend regular staff and service user meetings with a view to continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Participate in ongoing staff development/training.
- Ensure familiarisation and compliance with all Care1 Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a positive attitude and solution focussed approach to all aspects of work
|Job Category||Assistant in Nursing|
|Training & Development||ongoing|